TRADE READY MENTORING PROGRAM 2021 - EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Tourism Noosa is providing a select group of members with the opportunity to be part of a one-on-one mentoring program to become trade ready.
The program has been designed to provide up to 10 suitable members with the tools and knowledge to develop their business through the traditional trade distribution system to key partners, online travel agents (OTAs), media, social, content and e-marketing channels.
The program has been developed to assist businesses gain an additional revenue stream to become more profitable and resilient to market changes. The mentoring will be tailored to ensure the best advice and guidance is given relative to each individual business.
This program is specifically for those members who are serious about investing time, resources and commitment to the travel trade for the long term. A specific set of criteria applies to determine the suitability of businesses for this opportunity.
WHAT DOES TRADE READY MEAN?
Before you start working within the tourism distribution network, your product must be ‘trade ready’. This means you are ready to engage with third party distributors such as Inbound Tour Operators (ITOs), wholesalers, online travel agents (OTAs) and retail travel agents who sell your product through a variety of channels you may not have considered before.
Trade partners are an extension of your marketing arm, as they connect you to an audience you have never reached before. The Trade Ready Program will help you understand the distribution network and analyse all aspects of your business, providing opportunities to improve and streamline. The program will also explain how to adapt your business including, but not limited to:
• Assessment and review of your pricing structure and packaging options
• Inclusion of commissionable rates in your pricing
• Education on the distribution channels
• Domestic and international marketing plan development.
DELIVERY OF THE PROGRAM
The program is being delivered by respected industry consultant, Pinnacle Marketing and will provide up to TEN suitable members with:
• 4 x one-on-one mentoring sessions, approximately one hour in duration.
• Tangible action plan that is tailored towards individual businesses.
• Enabling your product to be domestic-ready.
• Positioning your business to be ready for New Zealand, Singapore and other international destinations as borders re-open.
• Supporting manual to assist with future reference and capability building.
• The program will run from late May to the end of June 2021.
The first session will be face-to-face with subsequent sessions via video conference.
COST: The program is fully subsidised to assist COVID-affected businesses.
WHY TRADE READY?
Working with trade partners has never been more important. Consumers will continue to rely heavily on the travel trade as being one of the most influential, trusted and important sources when booking holidays. Particularly as borders re-open, people will book through travel agents for security, flexibility and safety they provide, due to continual border closures and cancellations.
This workshop is intended to:
• Introduce an understanding of the opportunities of working with the travel trade.
• Introduce a solid framework on how to move forward and identify a competitive edge to attract new business from the domestic market and international markets as they open.
• Challenge and inspire you to think differently and adapt your business to fit with current market conditions.
• Present an action plan to be ready for New Zealand and Singapore and other international markets as they re-open.
• Provide you with a range of new relationships and connections to gain greater distribution of your business.
Post-COVID, the international market will benefit your business, as visitors generally stay longer than the domestic market and, on average, spend three times more than the domestic traveller. The international visitor also tends to stay mid-week, book further in advance and open your product to a range of new distribution channels from all over the world. They also tend to travel at different times of the year to domestic visitors so can help even out seasonality in your business.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
Places are strictly limited to a maximum of TEN participants.
Each expression of interest will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
• Genuine interest in understanding trade distribution
• Willingness to commit to trade marketing for a minimum of 3 years
• Open to paying standard trade commissions (20% - 30%). Less for OTAs.
• Booking systems in place to accept both direct and online bookings
• Response to booking requests are within a 24-hour period
• Willingness to support Tourism Noosa familiarisation program for trade/media
• Must be committed to attending all mentoring sessions and completing ‘homework’.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
To express your interest in the Trade Ready Mentoring Program 2021, please complete the details below.
For inquiries, please contact [email protected]
Trade Ready Industry Program inclusions
• The program will commence in May 2021 and finish in June 2021.
• Ten members will receive personalised one-on-one mentoring sessions.
• Mentoring session days/times are flexible to fit in with the tourism operator’s availability. Times will be set by the program participants and the consultant, Pinnacle Marketing.
• One session will be in person, the subsequent three will be via video conference.
• Assistance is available from the consultant outside of the mentoring sessions for the duration of the program.
• Participants will receive a ‘Trade Ready Manual’ for use during and after the program as a reference tool.
Your agreement to take part in the program confirms the following:
• I am committed to completing the program and attending all one on one mentoring sessions and completing set tasks.
• My business is open year-round and I am able to respond to trade requests within 24 hours
• I am prepared to pay trade commissions (20-30%)
• I will support Tourism Noosa where possible on visiting trade and media familiarisations
• I am a Tourism Noosa member
Please submit your expression of interest by 14 May 2021.
We will confirm your participation by Monday 17 May 2021.