FREE social media training - and more!
Training opportunities for members
- Free Facebook for Tourism and Events course in Noosa in February as part of QTIC's digital workshop program
- Join our group training for Welcome to Noosa and Noosa Eco Check
- International trade and mentoring workshop
- The Court of Master Sommeliers presents a workshop in Brisbane for sommeliers and hospitality professionals.
Facebook for Tourism and Events workshop
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) offers a free Facebook for Tourism and Events workshop in Noosa:
- Date: Thursday 20 February
- Time: 9am - 1pm
- Where: Ivory Palms Resort, Hilton Tce, Noosaville
- Cost: Free but registration is essential (see below).
This workshop is aimed at providing you with an understanding of best practice social media strategies and Facebook tactics.
- Learn how to work more efficiently on Facebook's Creator Studio
- Explore Facebook advertising
- Hear how to incorporate paid advertising into your marketing plans.
The workshop will include the following topics:
- The role of Facebook in your business and destination
- Maximising the features and functionality
- How reach and engagement works
- Creating content that connects with your audience
- Monitoring and responding
- Measuring and identifying what works
- An intro to Facebook advertising
QTIC presents this workshop through the Tourism Industry Business Capability Program. To be eligible to attend the workshop, you must provide your current Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) ID number. FIND OUT MORE ABOUT QTIC'S WORKSHOPS HERE.
Or for more information, contact Anna Macklin at Tourism Noosa.
Welcome to Noosa and Noosa Eco Check group training
Tourism Noosa offers group training sessions in February for our Welcome to Noosa and Noosa Eco Check programs.
FREE INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND MENTORING
In collaboration with Queensland Tourism Industry Council, Tourism Noosa and Visit Sunshine Coast, members are invited to attend FREE workshops on distributing your product to the profitable international markets with mentoring support to a select number of members.
Introduction to International Trade Distribution (Workshop)
Date and time: Tuesday, 18 February 2020, 1-5pm
Venue: Surfair Beach Hotel Sands Room, 923 David Low Way, Marcoola
Facilitator and mentor: Michael Nelson, Pinnacle Marketing
This program is ideal for those businesses that are serious about attracting visitors from our international target markets, who are proven to spend more and stay longer, often out of peak season. The workshops and mentoring will deliver:
- Understanding tourism marketing and distribution networks is critical to enabling tourism businesses to take their product to market, grow and to expand into new markets.
- Build the skills and capabilities of tourism businesses, particularly small and medium size businesses and young businesses with growth ambitions.
- The trade program will help businesses to increase their customer base and revenue pipeline by providing practical support to develop sales and marketing plans, rates sheets, trade sales materials and to participate in trade events.
- The trade program includes modules on distribution channels, engaging with trade, packaging and bundling experiences, sales training, commissions and contracting and online travel agents.
Court of Masters Sommeliers Workshop in Brisbane
The Court of Master Sommeliers will present a workshop in Brisbane on Monday 3 February for sommeliers and hospitality professionals. This workshop is for students who are currently enrolled for Introductory and/or Certified in 2020, or who are interested in applying in the future.
Led by Master Sommeliers, this intensive 3-hour session includes a theory overview, followed by a tasting of 6 wines, service overview, study techniques and will conclude with a brief Q&A.
If you’re interested in gaining accreditation from the Court of Master Sommeliers but can’t commit to the full 3-day Introductory Sommelier Certificate program, then don’t miss out on this only Brisbane workshop for 2020.
Cost is $80.45 - bookings essential.