CORONAVIRUS: TOURISM NOOSA UPDATES
The status of events will be updated as information becomes available.
- The Wellness Tourism Summit, scheduled to be held in Noosa on 19 and 20 March has been postponed to 3 and 4 September.
- The Australian Body Art Festival, scheduled for 4-5 April has been cancelled.
- The Red Hot Summer Tour, scheduled to be held in Noosa on 26 April has been cancelled.
- Cooroy Fusion Festival scheduled for 9 May has been postponed - future date to be advised.
- The Noosa Eat & Drink Festival, scheduled for 14-17 May has been cancelled.
- The Big Pineapple Music Festival scheduled for the Sunshine Coast on 30 May has been postponed to early October.
- The Noosa Winter Hill Climb, scheduled for 6-7 June has been postponed - date to be confirmed
- The Pomona King of the Mountain Festival, scheduled for 26 July has been cancelled.
- NOOSA alive!, scheduled for 17-26 July has been cancelled.
- Noosa Open Studios, scheduled for 14-23 August has been postponed - date to be confirmed.
SUPPORT FOR MEMBERSHIP SECTORS:
Tourism Noosa is streamlining our support for members during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, with a team member appointed to represent each membership sector.
We have nominated a team member to be a main point of contact for you. This will enable us to have strong lines of communication to each sector, where members can raise questions, concerns, issues or just have a forum for discussions to keep connected.
We will keep you updated with all our initiatives as we plan for COVID-19 and proceed through to the winter months.
By now you should have received an introductory email from your sector representative:
Adventure & Tours – Juanita Terry-Bloomfield
Hinterland – Isa Grube
Food & Beverage – Jasmin Boyd, Sheridah Puttick and Lee Huber
Services & Retail – Cathy Mitchell, Phoebe Thomas
Accommodation – Sonia Shillington
International Markets – Vynka Hutton
Events & Wellness – Anna Macklin, Carly Rippon
Plastic Free Noosa – Chad Buxton
Please keep in touch with any concerns.
TOURISM NOOSA MARKETING:
Our consumer marketing, including the recent drive market campaign, has been postponed in light of Government announcements in relation to COVID-19. We continue to support tourism operators in practical ways such as:
- Promoting buying local
- Communicating restaurant takeaway options for people already in Noosa
- Hands-on marketing mentoring for members - complimentary one-on-one marketing audits and business marketing support during this time. You can receive advice on how to market your product or service for the future and consider how to package your product with other complementary businesses. Please email [email protected] if you would like to take up this opportunity.
Tourism Noosa runs a cooperative marketing program that offers members subsidised and targeted print, digital and social media marketing opportunities.
At this time we are working closely with industry to create more destination-based opportunities, and a co-op program for the new financial year will be developed over the coming weeks once operators have the confidence to invest in advertising. This will ensure return on investment is as strong as possible for members.
For any enquiries in the meantime, please email [email protected]